“Third Person Autobiography”
Due: Second Week of October
Writing about yourself is sometimes a difficult thing for people to do. What makes this activity more difficult is that often such an act of autobiography not only requires the ego to self-assess one’s own accomplishments, but must be written as if by a different person other than the subject of the biography page.
Obviously, in many situations, the first person “about me” approach is fine, but in others situations, this is not appropriate.
For Friday, write a three paragraph “third-person autobiography.”
- Title your post “About First Name Last Name” (Replacing “First Name Last Name” with your own name)
- You should probably write this in a third-party application of your choosing (probably Microsoft Word).
- When copying to the blog, choose “Paste and Match Style” or paste unformatted so as to not confuse the code. You may also paste into the HTML section (by selecting the tab above the text box) and add formatting after pasting basic text.
- Write a three paragraph biography using this format:
- First Paragraph: basic biographical information including name, major, school, professional interests/aspirations, expected degree and year of graduation.
- Second Paragraph: accomplishments and activities including clubs, sports teams, memberships, community service, publications, awards, recognition, relevant work or internships, etc.
- Third Paragraph: personal information including family, hometown, hobbies, etc.
- Check spelling and sentence structure to the point of perfection. Remember this will be an online representation of you and it is important that it is of the highest quality possible.
- After writing the three-paragraph version, create a four sentence version of the biography.
- Insert a subheader called “Truncated Version” beneath your three-paragraph bio and apply HEADING 2 formatting to this subheader.
- Enter your four-sentence third-person autobiography beneath it.
- Return to the top of the post.
- You will need a professional(ish) photograph of yourself to add into the post.
- Using photoshop of some other image editing software, create an image with the following precise dimensions: width: 150 pixels, height: 200 pixels. This image should be a .jpg.
- Align the image to the top left of the post with a 1 pixel border, a 5 pixel vertical space, and a 5 pixel horizontal space.
- Category: “Student Output”
- Post Tag: Third Person Autobiography
- Here is a sample