“Editing a common page”
Due: January 29, 2010
We will be editing the page title “Student Twitter Accounts” located at http://blogs.etown.edu/com315/index.php/student-accounts/twitter-accounts.
Here are the steps:
- Make sure you are signed into the blog.
- Return to: http://blogs.etown.edu/com315/index.php/student-accounts/twitter-accounts
- Click on “edit this entry” at the bottom of the page or go to: http://blogs.etown.edu/com315/wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=59.
- This is the basic area for editing a WordPress blog post or page. You should have editor’s level access in order to edit this page. If you do not, email me.
- Anything changes you make to this page and publish will be live on the site.
- Find your name. It should say “First Last is @”
- After the ampersand symbol (”@”) type your Twitter username so that it will now read: “First Last is @username”
- Now, select the full text of the ampersand and your username so that “@username” and nothing else is selected.
- Directly above the text window you are typing in is a toolbox of common tasks. From the left there is bold, italics, strikethrough, bulleted list, numbered list, quote, align left, centered, align right, add hyperlink, delete hyperlink, truncate post (to use a “read more” link), spellcheck, fullscreen mode, and additional tools in the “kitchen sink.”
- With the following text selected (@username), click on the add hyperlink button (it looks like a little chain link).
- In the pop up box, type the full URL of you twitter feed page (this will be http://twitter.com/username” without the ampersand).
- Do not worry about “target,” “title,” or “class.”
- Your particular line of the page should now read: “First Last is @username“
- No other lines should have been altered in the process.
- Click on “Update Page” to the right.
- Go to Assignment #4.